Sunny Shops is a marketplace where you can sell your handmade and customised goods, craft and event supplies, and vintage and antique items directly to buyers across the UK. To ensure you and your buyers have a positive experience on Sunny Shops, please read this document to understand your rights and what is expected of you when using this platform.
At Sunny Shops, everyone is expected to treat other users with respect. As a seller, you have additional responsibilities to safeguard personal information and communicate promptly with buyers in order to provide a great customer experience.
1. Selling Details and Requirements
1a) What can be listed on Sunny Shops
Sunny Shops is a unique marketplace, therefore everything listed for sale on Sunny Shops must be handmade, vintage or a craft supply.
Handmade items are items that are made and/or designed and/or customised by you, the seller. If you list an item as ‘handmade’, you agree that you have been involved in the creation of the item. If you work with a production partner, you must specify this.
You may also sell intangible goods such as digital images for download, assuring this is explicitly stated on the item listing.
Craft supplies and event supplies
Craft supplies and event supplies are tools and materials with the primary purpose being for use in the creation of an item or special occasion. Craft supplies may be handmade or commercial.
Please let your buyers know how your craft supplies and event supplies were made and specify if you sourced them from elsewhere.
You can share whether your items have environmental benefits, such as if they are organic or recycled.
Vintage and antique items
Vintage and antique items must be over 20 years old and you must provide evidence for listing them as such.
1b) What cannot be sold on Sunny Shops
Certain items are not allowed to be sold on Sunny Shops, even if they meet our marketplace criteria. These include prohibited items, items with a copyright or trademark which you do not own, items sold via multi-level marketing companies, as well as services and items that violate our intellectual property policies.
Resold items are not allowed to be listed as handmade if you were not involved in designing or creating the item.
Users have the option to flag listings which they believe to violate our policies. We review these and reserve the right to remove any listings which violate our policies. Sunny Shops may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations, or for repeated violations.
If you intend to raise money on behalf of a charity, you must obtain that charity’s consent before sharing the details anywhere on your account or product pages.
1c) Uploading content
When you add content, including photographs, to Sunny Shops, they should not:
- Contain private information about yourself, other users, or anyone else;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Contain obscene, abusive or discriminatory language or imagery, including threats or extortion;
- Contain prohibited medical/cosmetic drug claims.
By uploading an image to Sunny Shops, you agree that:
- You own the photograph or you have the rights and/or permission to use the image/depiction and it is not a stock photo, artistic rendering or a photo used by other sellers and/or website;
- You will make it clear in your description if a photo shown is just an example; and
1d) Meeting legal requirements
When you list a product for sale on Sunny Shops, you understand and agree that you are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations herein. These include legalities regarding earning money while claiming benefits, as well as any required labels and warnings about particular products. Sunny Shops assumes no responsibility for the labelling, content or accuracy of your listings.
1e) Meeting service standards
As a seller, you are responsible for providing high quality customer service and maintaining trust with your buyers. Sunny Shops may privately contact you if your shop fails to meet our service standards.
When you create your Sunny Shops seller account, you agree that you will abide by certain standards, including but not limited to:
Listing your shop and profile content
- Ensure your shop content, including text and photos, abide by Sunny Shops’ policies;
- Honour the commitments you make in your Shop Policies;
- Ensure your descriptions and photos accurately represent each item; and
- Provide honest information in your About section which is not inaccurate.
Following Sunny Shops’ policies
- Don’t create twin shops with duplicated products or take any other action (such as click farming sales, baskets or followers) for the purpose of shilling, manipulating search engines or circumventing Sunny Shops’ policies. Examples include creating buyer accounts to follow your store, add items to baskets or purchase your own products and leaving reviews;
- Do not coordinate pricing or coupon discounts with other sellers; and
- Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel that a seller has violated your intellectual property rights, you can report it to Sunny Shops.
Communicating with buyers
- Respond to direct messages in a timely manner; and
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the unlikely situation that you can’t reach a resolution, Sunny Shops can help through our resolution system.
Orders and postage
- Honour your processing times unless there is an exceptional circumstance. Notify your buyers in a timely manner if there is a delay in the processing time or if you are unable to carry out an order. Provide a refund if requested or cancel the order if required; and
- Do not engage in postage or refund evasion.
1f) Selling fees
Sellers may be charged for using some of Sunny Shops’ services. There are fees associated with selling, creating a seller account and listing products as ‘featured’. You can find information on fees in the Fees Structure.
2. Creating and Uploading Content
As a Sunny Shops seller, you can upload a variety of content, such as listings, text and photos. It is essential that everyone works together to keep our community safe and respectful, so by creating an account, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- False, deceptive, or misleading;
- Threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory or anti-discriminatory;
- Obscene or vulgar; or
- In violation of an individual or a company’s intellectual property rights.
2a) Privacy and protecting personal information
When you become a seller, you agree and understand that you are responsible for protecting the privacy of other users when you receive and/or process their personal information when communicating with buyers and processing transactions and orders. You must also comply with all relevant legal requirements, including protecting the buyer name, email address and delivery address. If you intentionally or unintentionally disclose personal information without the buyer’s proper consent, you are responsible for that unauthorised disclosure.
Personal data may only be used for Sunny Shops-related communications, posting orders, or for Sunny Shops-facilitated transactions. You are agreeing that you will not use any information for unsolicited communication, such as by adding any Sunny Shops user to a personal email or physical mailing list, use that buyer’s identity for marketing purposes or leaving fake reviews, or attempt to obtain or retain any payment information.
For more information on the General Data Protection Regulation, see more resources at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation.
If Sunny Shops and you are found to be joint data controllers of personal information and if Sunny Shops is fined, sued, or otherwise incurs expenses because of behaviour undertaken by a seller which involves consumer personal information for reasons outside of the scope of the platform (namely processing an order or discussing a listing), you agree to indemnify Sunny Shops for the expenses it occurs in connection with your processing of buyer personal information.
2b) Communication standards
You can use Sunny Shops’ ‘Messages’ tool to communicate directly with buyers regarding a listing or an order.
Messages may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, donation requests or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another user in any way;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Intentionally interfering with a transaction of a seller or another user to negatively affect their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on Sunny Shops.
Examples of interference include:
- Posting in public areas to discuss a dispute with a seller;
- Purchasing from a seller with the sole purpose of leaving a negative review; or
- Harassment, threatening or otherwise abusive communications.
If you see content or receive a direct message that violates this policy, please let us know right away. As a user, you have the option to flag listings which you believe violates our policies.
Notifying customers and processing delays and cancellations
If you are unable to complete an order, you must directly notify the buyer via Sunny Shops Messages and cancel the transaction, issuing a full refund of the item and postage cost. We encourage you to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises. All cancellations are subject to our Cancellation Policy.
In the event of a processing delay, you must directly notify the buyer via Sunny Shops Messages and offer the opportunity of a full refund of the item and postage cost.
In the event of a postage delay, you are encouraged to communicate with the delivery company to resolve the matter. We also encourage you to retain all proof of postage in case of a postage delay and also to be used for your financial documents.
3. Feedback and Disputes
We encourage buyers to review every item they purchase in order to help potential buyers learn about a seller’s items and store. Your review may help good sellers build a strong reputation, or warn potential buyers about a poor experience. Your review and/or photograph and profile information will be publicly displayed on the seller’s listing and store pages. It is therefore essential that you:
- Use the one to five star rating properly, without falsely inflating or deflating a shop’s review rating;
- Upload accurate photographs with your reviews; and
- Do not partake in shilling or otherwise illegal behaviour.
You also agree and understand that your content may not:
- Contain private information about yourself, the seller, or anyone else;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Contain obscene, harassing or discriminatory language or imagery, including threats or extortion;
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims; and/or
- Contain details or use the rating system to review aspects outside of the seller’s control, such as a delivery carrier, Sunny Shops, or a third party.
By uploading a photograph to Sunny Shops, you agree that:
- You own the photograph or you have the rights and/or permission to use the photograph;
3b) Sunny Shops’ Resolution System
The Resolution System is how order disputes are resolved at Sunny Shops. We encourage buyers to contact sellers directly to attempt to resolve any outstanding issues before opening a case for resolution. It is therefore important that you personalise your shop policies and consistently respond to direct messages. If you are unable to reach a resolution with a buyer, you may use our resolution system in the unlikely event that an order does not follow a smooth and standard process.
Buyers may request support for a non-delivery or an item which isn’t as described. When you utilise Sunny Shops’ resolution system, you understand that Sunny Shops may use your personal information for the purpose of resolving the dispute with the other user in question in order to reach a resolution.
You must be responsive and, if required, help us to resolve the case as smoothly as possible. Sunny Shops reserves the right to escalate a case for circumstances such as buyer or seller inactivity, refusal of support, harassment, case manipulation and/or undermining the integrity of the resolution system.
3c) Your seller account and Sunny Shops’ terms
In order to keep Sunny Shops safe, we reserve the right to take actions which limit the visibility of your shop or listings, or that impact your withdrawals. When appropriate and permitted by law, Sunny Shops will communicate information to the affected seller about the issue.
Reasons for this include:
- A listing, seller communication or shop is flagged by another user and we believe there is an issue;
- One or more prohibited or otherwise not allowed items are listed in the store;
- The shop sees unusual order activity; or
- We otherwise believe that your actions or shop may result in buyer disputes, refund requests, increased risk of fraud, counterfeiting, or other claims.
Last updated on 1st Jan 2021.